Apart from the energy, that your guy spends at wagging his tail and jumping up and down for hours onto the 3 cm cube of bacon piece in your hand, your guy also needs a wide portal to vent out the rest of his hyperactivity stored up in heavy quanta in his body! If you don’t buy that, a simple experiment to be assured of, is to cage up your guy, watch him circle around the crate or cage him for 3 hours and then let him out.[the_ad_placement id=»in-text-1″]
Dogs are generally the beings that live in the momentary; he is perpetually surprised about every appearance in his life, especially from you. Another improper thing to do is put your dog outside and figure out a routine on his own.
One must take care to follow many guidelines when walking the dog. A walk is the best time your best friend tries to impress, explore and enjoy the world around. Proper health for your dog depends on the regularity, schedule and apt timing of your dog’s exercise.
A puppy is a little different, as patience needs to be exercised with their need to explore everything around them. To know where to start, check out this article on leash training a puppy.
Why walking is so important?
Walking your dog has many advantages on its own. Some dogs tend to overstay their laziness from the puppy phase and owners’ love, depending on their vulnerability towards the puppy cuteness through the measure of how much they let the puppy be.[the_ad_placement id=»in-text-2″]
This is a very wrong approach to keeping the health of your puppy.
You must take care to train it to vent out its excess hyperactivity through regular and heavy exercise. Zillions of advantages and beneficial things influence the health of your dog through proper ways of how to walk your dog and its regularity. Some are:
- Communication: One must take care to help in growing up healthy through walking your dog regularly. This establishes high and lucid communication with your dog. Communication with your dog is very necessary to keep his mind and body healthy. Yes. Dogs are sensitive creatures that need to have consistent companionship. Proper communication is necessary to establish an apt communication to help in knowing how your dog feels about his set-up and current nature of expressing emotions. Dogs are the best gift a person can ever have in their life. So communicate well and gentle to your dog. Harsh communication results in a fear in the attitude and behavior of your dog.
- Exercise: another important necessity of your dog is exercise. You might wonder if the restless running and playing with the cat is enough for the little one, but no. You dog needs much more than the daily 4 hours of cat-tail-chase as his power and attitude needs to be, kept at a good energy to maintain the playful nature. Without enough exercise, a dog becomes violent and uncontrollable, eventually. Regular exercise helps our dog keep its health and strength activated forever. To see just how important exercise is, please read this article of ours on how much exercise your dog needs.
- Emotional bond: religious walking with your dog makes him look forward to the daily walk, regardless of his awareness or knowledge of time. A strong emotional bond is, established through regular exercise and teaching of the same through time spent with him. Your dog needs to feeds you safe and comforting at all times of need, for him. A good emotional bond makes you communicate and connect with him, effectively. With emotional intelligence and health comes the physical and mental stability of your dog.
- Training and obedience: your dog naturally habituates to the well-mannered training and obedience through regular practice of the morning or evening walks. This lets your dog be disciplined in how to walk, where to walk and behave in public. One must understand the training your dog to obey you, encompasses all method of religious exercise and playtime. Taking your dog out on the dog makes him learn how to maintain patience and stability among the public as well.
- Health and strength: Many people believe that caging a dog and providing him nutritious food twice a day is all that is necessary for the health of your dog. With physical healthy come his understanding of his freedom, running, stretching out and basking in the sun. All dogs need to have multiple forms of exercise and vent out their hyperactivity, regularly. Strength of your dog depends upon his practicing and growing up in the non-stressful way. Health and strength of your dog is heavily dependent on the consistent working out that he does.
- Socializing: every dog needs to know that he is not the lone dog in the world. This helps him to realize his own strength, reach and socializing skills. With seeing other dogs, a dog develops mannered skills of socializing. In fact, one must make sure that the dog has friends. A dog with well-trained socializing with different dogs and animals will learn safety and health of its emotional independence and well-being. To learn to go about socializing your dog properly, you should check out this article on socializing your dog.
- New people and dogs: with new dogs and other animal interactions come, the socializing and communication skills that are amiable with every new person. Your dog needs to have consistent and thoroughly established sense of awareness among public and other dogs.
- Good behavior: all exercise and regular workout is necessary to develop a good behavior and character in your dog. Good behavior of your dog relies on the healthy and periodic vent out of your dog, physically and mentally. One must have a good idea and duration of the dog’s sleeping time and feeding mass so that one knows the good behavior and attitude towards yourself as well as in the absence of you.
- Freedom and movement: Periodic walking-out with your dog establishes a healthy mind for your dog to have active movement and freedom. Your dog learns to control and satiate his anticipations, anxiety and stress through the religious walking-out intervals.
- Care and love: Another important attitude to develop in your dog is care and love towards others. Through regular interaction with the nature, freedom to walk and respect people around, your dog learns to understand the virtues of emotional well-being through care and love.
Through proper communication, dedication and presence, a person can establish mesmerizing skills of love, response, obedience and care from the dog.[the_ad_placement id=»in-text-3″]
Every dog learns to love and protect the person or family that is present most of the time around him. If this relationship is, kept healthy, loving and positive, your dog can grow or evolve into a lovely ball of fur that harms none and follows you in black and blue!
Most effective ways to walk your dog
We want you cosider this:
- Buy proper tools: one needs to buy a comfortable collar and leash for the dog first when you think about taking him out for a walk. Walking you dog should be an event of celebration and exploration filled with healthy energy in your dog rather than impatient dose of freedom. Some guidelines to keep in mind while buying the proper tools to walk your dog without choking or making him uncomfortable while walking. Proper tools aid in the comfort of your dog behaving healthily and freely without any ado. After buying them, lock the collar and leash around your dog’s neck. Read and stead him to lie down on the floor.
- Talk to your dog in assertion but peacefully. Now, talk to him pleasantly. Talk to him soft and lovingly, so that you wear some energy out of him before you take the walk. Talk and play with your dog until he relaxes the hold on the leach with the door open. You must not shout or be harsh on your dog, but let him vent out his energy through enough exercise indoors, first. This lets him vent out all the impatient energy he has in store when he would be, taken outside for a walk to behave properly with the public when talking him out for a walk.
- Make your dog walk on your left: Open the door after your dog is patience. Now, start walking by keeping him on your left. An ancient way of teaching your dog to proper walking is through making him walk on your left. There is no logical explanation other than the historical one, which let teach the dog never cross your path or obstruct your communication eye contact with him. Always be within your dog’s reach, to reach out to him under all times.
- Teach him to lead slowly by giving space: While walking with your dog, never obstruct his space when walking with him. Try to give him enough room to walk, jump, or hop around straight in his space while teaching your dog how to walk. Never make him feel as if you are choking or suffocating him to walk. Giving your dog the space to walk provides enough room for him to be independent and free to move around properly. Teach him to slowly, lead you alongside giving him space.
- Teach him to behave around other dogs: While walking your dog out into the public, make sure you have enough interaction with other dogs so that he is amiable yet gentle with them. Some dogs are too impatient or aggressive around other dogs; hence, this should be, taken into concern with his improper communication and expression issues during the daily routine. This heavily affects the attitude of the dog and his behavior around the public space.
- Teach him to behave around other people: along with the socializing of your dog around other dogs, teach him to behave gently around other people. When dogs are caged-up too much or not interacted well during his stay, you must understand that he should be consistently gentle with her. This helps him grow with ease, happiness and peace with the public that he is never violent in the limelight. One must take care of regular walking lessons that have been persistently amiable with other people.
- Do not let him sniff during the walk: Do not ever let your dog sniff around during the walk. Letting your dog sniff helps in him developing a habit of pausing, stopping and making his territory every time, he takes a walk in the same route. Make your dog have health idea about potty and marking the territory, while outside. Healthy sniffing is through letting your dog prevent pulling the leash towards the spot he sniffs. Along with this, the sniffing should be, controlled rather than being controlled on his own.
- Change your route every once in a while: Never let your dog bore out on the same route or path. Every once in a while, make sure you make a change in your route. This makes him be enthusiastic and anxious about each of his walks with you. This also keeps a positive activity alive in your dog. Remember, dogs are always anxious!
- Play with your dog: When you’re out on the road, do not let your dog play with you. Playing with your dog, while on the road lets him walk with happiness rather than in control. Do this occasionally and when you’re in control of the crowd and space around. One must not always play with the dog while on the walk as this sets-on a bad habit of bent out in the dog.
- Reward your dog at the end of the walk: make sure, every time you take your dog out for a walk, take some tasty treats to keep for emergency impatience or aggression. Some dogs hesitate to follow your after a few walks and one must maintain a regular way of training sans or with treats so that the dogs feel good about every walk with the dog. Acknowledging something your dog does right during the dog is necessary to establish a proper and positive understanding in him.
Take care to avoid punishments and harsh tone with your dog. He must have a clear and positive communication with you.
There are many disadvantages of training your dog into improper habits of walking and exercise. Many dogs end up being too lazy or too aggressive in the event of too less walking, irregular exercise or caging up. One must take care to have periodic and proper duration of walks without fail. A healthy dog is happy dog! Good luck!