Is your doggy pooping in loose motions? Does he vomit most of the time? Does he bloat up frequently?
If your reply to these questions is in affirmation, then it is necessary to get your best friend checked for his stomach fitness, sensitivity and disorders. Just like each of us have a specific allergic category of foods and stuff that we watch out to avoid exclusively, certain dogs possess tender and soft bacon like stomach, sensitive to everything, while some have steel canisters for stomach!
Firstly, one must understand what special dog food constitutes, the medical status of your dog’s tummy and its response to food in order to timely relieve him off the stress of stomach ailments. As mentioned below, there are zillions of ways, options and techniques to resolve and comfort your darling doggy from its aching tummy through providing sensitive stomach dog food.
Understanding special dog foods
Dogs are known to chew down a half a tonne bone within hours, peck around the garbage bins and satisfy the hunger pangs with anything, as their hunger just does not end. However, some dogs are known to have tender innards with lose stool, excessive gas or flatulence and vomiting tendency occasionally and need special dog food for sensitive stomachs. If you have observed these ailments and symptoms of gastric disorder in your dog, the next step is to reduce the complications of his diet.
Every dog needs a balanced diet that takes care of hygienic ways of cooking, removal of viruses and cleanliness to support active health of their tummy. Amongst us humans, we have a zillions specifics of people who can eat meat, vegetables, liquids or fruits, solely.
Special dog food for sensitive stomachs is achieved through careful addition or elimination of food from your dog’s present diet. The primary step of resolving the tummy trouble of your dog is through opting for a higher-quality diet. Sensitive dogs are prone to diseases that can aggravate into painful conditions, if neglected for long. When your tactics and experience of treating your dog’s medical ailment remains futile, make sure you avail the help of a veterinarian in the immediate, to rule out serious bowel disorders and inflammatory diseases.
With regard to observing the sensitive tummy of your dog, you must also know the symptoms that show the same, they are:
- Diarrhea: Dogs with sensitive stomachs tend to have heavy gastro-intestinal problems of indigestion due to uneven proportion of bacteria in the gut. Frequent loose motions, uneven pooping, and peeing are a significant signal of tummy ailments in dogs. Check for the feeding time of your dog to observe his enthusiasm with the food to observe disparities that cue the same. If this diarrhea is long lasting, one must check with your local veterinarian soon. Sensitive stomachs can also lead to blood in your dog’s stool, which is a very serious issue. Please read our article on other causes of bloody stool and signs to look out for.
- Itchy skin: some dogs display food allergy through scratching all over the body in places like feet, pads, armpits, muzzles and its private parts. Itchy skin is one of the easiest cues of food allergy in dogs, akin to itching and inflammation in humans due to allergens.
- Vomiting: frequent vomiting concentrated with food substances in a gooey form is a significant cue of tummy trouble of your dog.
- Hot spots: this is also a prominent signal for tummy trouble in dogs.
There are other signs of food intolerance as well, and you can see what those are in our article about solutions to upset canine tummies.
Advantages of special dog food
As no dog can eat everything, one must make sure to understand what your dog can eat and what he cannot, primarily. In order to provide the optimum energy, power and nutrition for your dog, you must take care to choose the highest and safest quality of food for him.
One must understand that allergic reactions in your dog owes to many reasons of adulterated food, new food, climatic changes and sign of sickness. Special dog food for sensitive stomachs apt for your dog prevents him from all types of allergic reactions of the skin and gut. Some of the primary advantages of providing special food for the sensitive tummy of your doggy are because it
- Prevents allergic reactions: many dogs end up becoming allergic to normal, street or people food when it is provided sans checks against your dog’s tummy health.
- Prevents inflammatory bowel diseases: another advantage of your choice of the right food for your dog displays his healthy bowels sans all inflammatory reactions;
- Prevents diarrhea: every dog displays his tummy problem through frequent loose motions; if your dog is healthy, his stool will be solid and not gooey; loose stool is a significant resultant of the food allergy that a dog suffers from. Limiting the ingredients in the diet of your dog will help it to digest the food well.
- Prevents inactivity: another significant signal of health of your dog is his hyperactivity sans any fatigue or static; when your dog is healthy, he is active;
- Prevents pain and suffering: if your dog has healthy guts, he will not suffer any pain in the stomach or during peeing or pooping; additionally, a dog that is not healthy will moan and cry out aloud. A healthy dog does not have any pain or suffering when eating, urination, excretion or during digestion;
- Prevents allergic reaction to regular food: Dogs also develop an allergy when you provide the same food for over a year with none a change; hence take care to provide a mix or switch in your dog’s diet for his sensitive stomach. Even cats develop an allergy towards food if one type of food is administered for a long time.
- Nurtures the sensitive side: healthy food provides nourishment for your dog’s sensitive side of the tummy; this is also the prime reason for providing power, energy and nutrients to heal the sensitive stomach of your dog;
- Balanced diet: helps your dog grow a healthy tummy with balanced bacteria, acid and strong innards.
- Possesses healthy skin: healthy food is also reflected by healthy skin of your dog;
This is an important reflection of the good health of your dog, as shiny skin is a signal of healthy flesh and body.
Disadvantages of improper diet
Many disadvantages are heavily damaging and harmful to your dog’s stomach if he already has a sensitive stomach. When one neglects or ignores the tummy troubles of a doggy, the disease aggravates and gains momentum to pain your dog even more. Apart from the symptoms that are obvious, a dog also suffers from many disadvantages due to negligence of its proper diet inclusive of special dog food for sensitive stomachs.
With the negligence in spending quality, time with your dog also comes with the negligence of discipline regarding dog food. As dogs are known to have been hounds, hunters, guardian entities of man’s history, a universally omnipresent misconception is that a dog can be fed anything under the sun. This is because dogs have strong and big teeth that makes one assume that everything tear-able is edible for a dog.
There are also some symptoms need to be considered:
- Chronic diarrhea: if your dog is pooping loose stool, then it is because of the lesions in the immune system and it is a strong signal that you take him to a veterinarian in the immediate. Stool is usually combines with mucus and water in this case.
- Indigestion and vomiting: when indigestion and vomiting happens on a consistent basis in your dog, it ends up losing quite a margin of healthy weight. In some pets, this can induce a chronic process of weight loss, if not rectified at the right time.
- Skin peel off and disease: due to the gastro-intestinal sickness in your dog, eventually with the increase in rate of sickness induces skin allergies as well. These skin allergies tend to result in your dog losing its skin through peeling off or discoloration. Take care to observe your dog’s skin as well to monitor its overall health.
- Inflammatory bowel sickness: One of the borderline diseases prevalent in dogs, inflammatory bowel disease or IBD is caused by the most common ailments of gastro-intestinal disorders in dogs and cats. The disease is explained as a reckless battling by pets against the health of its own innards of digestion during the same.
The process is carried out through the amassing of antibodies, white blood cells and other chemicals in the small intestine, stomach and large intestines of our dog. This in turn causes diarrhea, vomiting and perpetual sickness of the bowels in dogs.
What products you can find on store shelves?
Best products on today`s market:
- Purina Pro plan Sensitive Skin and Stomach Formula: one of the best-reviewed products for your dog’s sensitive stomach, this product has original Omega fatty acids, oats, rice as well as salmon in it for healthy and nutritional digestion and balance of the dog’s body.
- Hill’s Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach and skin: With one of the best absorption rate for nutrients in dogs, this product provides all necessary intestinal health, immunity and skin healing through food that is certified by veterinarians for your dog’s sensitive stomach.
- Pedigree Sensitive Nutrition Dry Dog Food: processed without corn, soy or wheat, this product is well known as one of the highest quality meat-filled-nutrients required to provide immunity, oral care, digestion and skin care. You can buy it on Amazon:
- Wellness limited Ingredient diet for dogs with food sensitivities: Another best stomach sensitive product for dogs, this has null soy, corn and meat to provide healthy nutrition in order to boost the health of your dog.
- Instinct Grain-free Limited Ingredient diet: specially processed without the gluten in grains. The product is widely known for its higher digestion rates as well as for a balanced nutritive and nourishing diet for your dog’s sensitive stomach.
- Blue buffalo Basics Grains: a special product that uses turkey as its key ingredient to separate out nutrients and nourishment for the dog, this product is perfect for stomach sensitivities as it promotes immunity, healthy digestion and ingestion of balanced diet in the body.
- Natural Choice Adult chicken, Whole Brown rice and Oatmeal Formula: one of the best additives to heal the stomach sensitivities in a dog, this product has all the vitamins and nutrients to repair the intestines of your dog as well as heal it to the pink of health.
- Iams sensitive Naturals: made from real fish alongside antioxidants that enhance the digestive capability of your dog, this product also provides vitamins for your dog.
One of the most important aspects of treating your dog to heal from the sensitivities of its stomach lining and digestion rates are through changing or improvising its diet with the help of special dog food for sensitive stomachs.
But even the bestfood for sensitive stomachs won’t do any good if you’re still feeding Fido from your plate. Take a look at our article on the top 10 human foods you should never feed your dog.
Changing the dog’s diet or food requires careful administration of new food in gradual sessions rather than a sudden change. With a sudden change in food, your dog will end up getting more upset and worsening its stomach.
The best alternative to switch foods is in slow sessions. The ideal chart for this is by — replace one-fourth of your dog’s present food with the new food on the first and the second day. Replace one-half of the present food of your dog with the new food for the upcoming two days.
Continue the same for a week and observe your dog’s health. By the end of the week, your dog ends up eating the new food alongside visible recovery from stomach ailments.
Tips and tricks to take care of your dog’s stomach
Treating the sensitivity problem of your dog needs thorough care and dedication to reap the right results. Your dog is equivalently tender and delicate to the rate of your endless love for him or her. One must follow strict guidelines to treat the dog when he is ridden with stomach upset in the most proper ways to avoid further damaging rendered through improper means.
Some things to look out for while evaluating and simplifying the special dog food for sensitive stomachs is the measure and analysis of
- Fat in your dog’s diet
- Quality of food
- Dog treats
- Trash consumption
Some tips, tricks and guidelines to take care of the sensitivities of your dog are:
- Find out the allergies of your dog
- Avoid all treats to your dog, from strangers
- Change your dog’s food, every two months or try mixing it rather than following one solid item for years
- Simple method of elimination and addition through observation and trials is better accurate than the allergy panel tests conducted on your dog;
- Food additives can cause allergy in pets but there are no certified claim to this yet
- Limit the carbohydrates and fat in your dog’s diet
- Limit all grains and meat in your dog’s diet
- Always review all your observations with a veterinarian
- Minerals, antioxidants and vitamins in your dog’s diet can catalyze the ease of digestion
- Always select certified and high-quality dog food when purchasing as this is your dog’s sole grip at energy
- Some important part and parcel of dog food diet are carbohydrates (30%- 70%) Proteins, Fiber, Fat (10%), Vitamins, Minerals and water
- Easy-splintered bones of poultry do more harm than good for the dogs
- Beef leg bones given to dogs should be roasted on low flame for 36 hours
- One ounce water per pound of body weight of your dog is the ideal diet daily for apt health
- Always give cooked eggs to your dog as raw eggs has a chance of transmitting salmonella viruses
- Do not feed your dog chocolate, raisins, coffee and Ice cream (dogs are mostly lactose-intolerant)
- Never provide macadamia, walnuts and peanuts to your dogs
- If you mix alcohol in a hot sauce and apply over the wires, your dog will not chew and eat the electrical wires, which adds a heavy dose of stomach upset to your dog
- Always look out if you dog is eating garbage or trash to avoid serious stomach sickness
- Never feed your dog a big meal as they eat a lot of air with every gulp of food
- Always check your dog’s poop and pee for blood, mucus or any other abnormality
- Make sure you feed your dog more of brown rice, liver, beef, garlic, tuna, chicken, lamb, carrots and powdered milk provides stronger stomach and intestinal linings
- Distraction is better than letting your dog experiment biting on everything around
- Keeping softballs in your doggy’s bowl will make him go slower on consuming his meal
- Never change your dog’s diet all of a sudden
None of the above guidelines reaps success if you do not care and love your dog with full dedication. One must be aware of all changes in the physique and attitude of a dog throughout his existence. Lastly, whatever the issue your dog is facing, you must make sure that after the threshold date, the consultation of a veterinarian should be diligently carried out to prevent all serious dangers to your dog regarding special dog food for sensitive stomachs.
As dogs are one of the most active and curious creatures’ immediately in contact with humans, it is normal for them to be introduced to many diseases of the modern era that is mishandled by us, most often. Your lovely dog might have suddenly toned down, stopped eating heartily or is showing signs of flatulence or diarrhoea; all this adds up to conclude the ill health of your dog because of an over-sensitive stomach.
What you need now is special dog food for sensitive stomachs as per certifications of high quality. Hence, try the aforementioned home-remedies and upon unsatisfactory results, make sure you visit a veterinarian in the immediate! Good Luck!