Just like humans, dogs can suffer from the common cold, with symptoms that are very similar to ours. One thing to keep in mind is that dogs cannot get colds from humans because they are different viruses that can only affect their own species. Of course, you are going to feel terrible that your furry friend is under the weather, and you will want them to be treated so they can feel better.
Dogs can get colds similar to humans, which is usually in the winter time, after spending time in an enclosed area with no fresh air to flow through. Germs will run rampant, and eventually you and your dog can get sick.
Sometimes other health issues are at hand like respiratory infections, but if your dog has a cough, it does not necessarily mean that he has a cold. He or she could have other conditions like a kennel cough, which can happen if they have been to a kennel recently and contracted a cough. Your dog may also be suffering from the flu or other viruses that are transferred from one sick dog to other dogs.
How to recognize the cold
Symptoms of a cold can be similar to those of humans, so keep an eye out for signs such as:
- Watery Eyes
- A runny nose or a stuffed up nose
- Lack of appetite
- Tired or Lack of Energy
During this time, you should try to keep your dog hydrated, and encourage him to eat. Keep him warm by providing a cozy space with blankets so that they can be comfortable during their illness.
Being in a humid room can help, such as the bathroom or laundry room. If you are unsure if it is a cold, a trip to the vet may be in order to distinguish the health problem.
Prevention is one of the best methods
Prevention is extremely important for your dog, especially in winter time. There are many things you can do to prevent a cold for your precious pup like:
- Keep your dog indoors during especially wet or cold weather, letting them do their business and come right back in.
- Keep your dog hydrated
- Feed your dog healthy foods
- Keep your sick dog away from other dogs so that you are not dealing with several ill dogs.
Finding a dog cold treatment is helpful, especially if it is one that is all natural, like Prana Pets Cold Symptom Support.
Using this product, it’s a great way to help your dog feel better during their cold. The formula provides support for your dog that will relieve symptoms like:
- Wheezing or Shortness of Breath
- Helps with chest pain and inflammation
- Helps relieve any pain your dog may feel from coughing or other symptoms
- Relieves coughing and congestion
- Helps with both wet and dry coughing
- Aids in ease of breathing
Cold Symptom Support can be used daily or just during the time of your dog’s cold to help keep your dog’s immune system strong. Because this product is all natural, you will not see any side effects that other products might have.
The homeopathic treatment for cold promotes lung health, which aids in bronchitis, asthma, colds and even pneumonia! If you use this product daily, as well as exercise and feed your dog healthily, you will see a huge improvement in your pet’s overall health!
If your dog is especially prone to breathing issues, you can also be sure to keep your home free of dust mites, molds, cleaning products and pesticides, which can trigger a breathing issue.
Ingredients for Cold Symptom Support are all natural and include some of the following items:
- Aconitum Napellus 12x is helpful with shortness of breath, and other breathing issues. This also helps with lung infections, congestion and cough.
- Arsenicum Album 30c is helpful with cold symptoms like coughing, trouble breathing, congestion in the chest, and burning in the chest. It is also helpful with asthma and bronchitis.
- Eupatorium Perforliatum 6x aids in ridding your dog of a cold, and helps with breathing, eases cough and congestion and burning feelings in the chest.
- Ferrum Phosphoricum 6c is used to help with coughing, mucus in the chest and throat areas, lung congestion, inflammation and trouble breathing.
- Gelsemium Sempervirens 12x is used to help with cough, soreness in the chest from cough, and help with breathing issues.
- Hepar SUlphur Calcareum 12c is helpful with coughing, congestion and wheezing in the chest.
- Sambucus Nigra 3x is helpful with constriction of the chest, wheezing, stuffiness, breathing trouble, and chest spasms.
- Verbascum Thapsus 3x aids with sneezing, congestion, coughing, tightness in the chest and respiratory tract and more.
Directions for Cold Symptom Support include giving this medication to your dog orally or mixed with their dog food or even their water. This product should be used three to five times each day in order to be fully effective.
Keep in mind, in some cases, for symptomatic relief, a dose can be taken every 15 minutes for up to 6 dosages. The bottle is 2 fluid ounces and contains over 2,000 drops.
Prana Pets’ Cold Symptom Support is a great medication to use for your dog’s cold because it is all-natural, has zero side effects, and is healthy for your dog.
It is also fast acting, so your dog will feel better in no time! In these times, where many medications have side effects, wouldn’t you want to give your sick dog something that is only good to them like they are to you? Prana Pets’ Cold Symptom Support has your back during your dog’s cold and every day, to keep them strong!