Dry kibbles or other shapes and sizes of dog food have taken over the pet food market, in entirety. One might wonder if this dry biscuits, treats and extra-sized bone in your puppy’s mouth is safer than the milk, beef bones and chicken limbs from your table-top. In its actuality, the contaminants, security and safety of the street-side butcher’s chicken legs and head might just exceed without awareness to result in damaging health and comfort of your dog.
Today the pet food market has zillions of variety of dry kibbles in tasty treats, shapes and sizes for you to choose comfortably for the best dry dog food. The pages ahead take you into the knowledge of why prefer dry dog food over wet or raw varieties and options as well as the issues consulting the same.
The choice is yours and your veterinarian should always be, consulted to conclude in the certain surety of once!
Why dry dog food?
Apart from the many advantages of dry food for your dog, dry food provides much health, nutrients and strength to our dog as well as patience as well as discipline. Dry foods are less fussy than feeding gooey liquids and half-baked chicken slices that your darling little pup drags around the whole house. Dry food is also the best food to provide nutrients, minerals and vitamins for your dog in the best measure.
With dry food in your dog’s diet, you have complete control in what and how much you are feeding to your dog according to his necessity and acknowledgement. In order to understand why you should feed dry food to your dogs, you must first understand how it is, made. Best dry dog foods are blended and mixed with various meats and necessary vitamins for your dog.
Although, no food or diet should be consistent or sans a change, for the good health of your dog, you can provide various flavors and type of food in the right measure to your dog, with the help of a thorough shopping for dog dry food. All processed food purchase brings frowns to the owner, as most of them are heavily adulterated and uncanny for the right healing and nourishment of your dog’s stomach.
Hence, when hunting for dog food, one must always make sure that the brand selected is also intact and hygienic. Research and read up enough to choose the right food for your dog after consultation with the physician.
How is it made?
Making of dry food for dogs is conducted through various ways depending on the food, its measure, cooking and age of the dog.
Extrusion: for all dry dog food, the most common method to cook with necessary vitamins, minerals and nutrients is dependent on the precision and hygiene associated with every process. These start with the grounding of the raw materials primarily to pass it down a clean and huge steamer with a cooker. The food obtained as the result is dried. Then, cooled and coated with oils and fats to enrich the flavour.
Some critics advocate that high temperature and pressure destroys certain necessary elements from the food as well. Although, good food under a good brand is always involved with clean, hygienic and superior quality products and processes through the destruction of parasites to make the best dry dog food.
- Air-drying: evaporation is involved in this process to dry and drain out the water from the processed food by drying with the help of air. This type of food reduces many destructive proteins, enzymes and minerals in comparison to the conventional cooking.
- Baking: in comparison with extrusion, here the food is, cooked on lower heat to bake in order to keep all the nutrients, minerals and vitamins intact in the food; although, the binding effect in baking sans oil relies on the gluten in its wheat diet to bind everything together;
- Cold Pressing: the next common method of dog-dry food preparation is through cold pressing the meat content. Sans the damaging and destructive high pressures and temperatures, cold pressing processes the food through condensation of the food, which is widely accessible as well.
- Mix the raw materials well, to form a slightly moist type of dough;
- This dough is heated up prior to the processes;
- High pressure and temperature heats the dough;
- Then, the food is dried in the oven;
- The food is then cooled slowly;
- Coat the food with flavor and taste;
- The food is packaged well after settling;
Advantages of dry food for your dog
To start with, there are many good sides to feeding your dog regularly, the best dry food.
Now that you are aware of the facts of how good dog food is prepared for dry varieties, you will notice the excellent processing and incorporation of nutrients, minerals and vitamins.
- Storage: The first and foremost benefit of the advantage of dry food for your dog, storage requires exceptional care without shattering the storage, safety and protection of the food without spoiling or damages. Storage of your dog’s food is the best advantage as you can observe and nourish the diet of your dog.
- Right measure: another important aspect of observing the health and ingestion of the food for your dog, the right quantity of nutrients, vitamins and minerals are quintessential as well. Dogs are perpetually hungry people who can magnetize you in their mesmerizing stare that you will be, coaxed to feed them all the time that they keep you in the aura of the stare. The right measure of food is essential to be, fed to the dog, without fail.
- Fuss and ingestion: another important advantage of dry food for your dog is about its high quality of ingestion and fuss-free consumption. One should take care to always evaluate the composition of all food bought for the dog to observe and note the right measure of energy, proteins and fat for your dog.
- Spill-free: The most obvious merit of dry food for your dog is its spill-free ability or coating to prevent the dust or dirt from sticking to the dirt in the spill. As the food is dry, you need not worry about spilling the liquids or paste in the diet.
- Nutritious: the content of another advantage of feeding dry food to your dog constitutes the nutritional diet required for its energy expenditure. As the food is dry and packed, it is easy to measure the nutrition, vitamins and minerals in its food and diet.
- Tasty with varied flavors: a common misconception of the dog owners is that dry dog food is bereft of flavors and taste. There are many certified dog food available in the market that is dry, enriched and tasty alongside many flavors to choose.
This essentially dose of controlled nutrients and minerals is the primary merit of dog food.
Best dry Dog food should be, chosen with apt care, research and analysis to provide for the best food good for your dog. Apart from this, your dog also develops healthy teeth, dental habits and less cost.
Best dry dog foods in the industry
In order to understand what is best for your dog, you must first understand all the options of food available currently in the industry, for pets. Some of the best dog foods in the industry are
Types of dog food:
- Raw Food: one can always treat the table scraps as well as the leftovers of the fish cutting or chicken. There are certain dogs that develop terrible stomach problems eating raw food. However, a dog can, be trained and treated to develop habits of being acquainted with tearing and slurping with his magnificent teeth and the long tongue. We have a great article you should read that details the benefits of the raw food diet, as well as meal preparation for your dog.
- Grains and cereals: another important part of a dog’s diet, brown rice and other gluten free wheat products give proper nutrition, minerals and vitamins to your dog’s energy production. There are many options of grains and cereals specially packaged to cook for your dog.
- Meat: lamb, duck, chicken, salmon, sardines and plenty other egg products, dogs can eat mostly anything. Although, fish with mercury and other meat products with preservatives and adulterants too concentrate is incapable for the dog to handle.
- Milk and water: another important part of looking after the proper health of your dog, one must provide sufficient calcium and water for the ever-active dog of yours. Dogs need regular filling up of water in them. Hence, fix your dog’s water bowl somewhere and keep filling it each time it finishes up.
- Oil and eggs: eggs and oil is a necessary food item for your dog. Certain oils create bad effect and allergies but, sunflower seed, flax seed and rice oils are good for your dog.
- Kibbles, treats and biscuits: a true treat for your dog is indeed his tasty coated kibbles and biscuits in a full bowl waiting for him to dip in! Always buy different treats and biscuits for your dog to have a healthy stomach.
- Amicus dog food: a renowned and best dry food for dogs is the Amicus food for adults and pups equivalently. The ingredients of this dog food is turkey, chicken, peas, red lentils, eggs, salmon oil, cabbage, blueberries, pineapple, iron, iodine, manganese and chicken fat. Although, the food contains high fat though, hence you should first consult with your veterinarian before providing for regular consumption. The dry food contains 33% protein, 41% carbohydrates and 18% fat.
Best dog food in the industry
Blue Buffalo Wilderness: another important brand of dry dog food, this contains chicken meal, turkey, deboned chicken, pomegranate, blackberries, parsley, kelp, tapioca, starch, chicken fat, pumpkin, carrots, spinach, sweet potatoes, rosemary oil and turmeric. There are many more ingredients, which help and heal the sensitive stomachs of your dog.
This dry food contains 14% fat, 40% protein and 28% carbohydrates.
- Grand Mae’s Country Naturals: a highly effective and popular brand of dry dog food, this food has pork meal, chicken fat, chickpeas, chicken liver, inulin, carrots, whitefish, kelp, flax seed, spinach, cranberries and lentils. This dry food contains 17% fat, 33% protein and 42% carbohydrates.
- Holistic Select food for dogs: a completely nutritious and strengthening diet for your dog, this brand of dry food has ingredients like the brown rice, white rice, chicken fat, chicken meal, sardine meal, dried egg, pumpkin, apples, flax seed, peas, cranberries and oatmeal available in the market. This dry food contains 17% fat, 49% carbohydrates and 27% protein.
- Nutro Natural choice high-protein grain-free: a wholesome meal for all dogs with or without sensitive stomach, this brand of dog food has many ingredients for various nutritional, vitamins and mineral values. This dry food contains ingredients such as dry potatoes, lamb meal, chicken meal, chickpeas, chicken fat, sunflower oil, split peas, plain beet and chicken in the processed food product. The dry food contains 20% fat, 36% carbohydrates and 26% protein.
- Oven-baked Traditional grain-free: a highly nutritious diet and options to assure the health of your dog, this brand of dry dog food has limited fiber to provide maximum proteins and energy for your dog. It contains fresh liver, inulin, pumpkin puree, carrots, whitefish, tapioca, dried egg, chicken fat, sweet potato, flax seed, kelp, apples, sea salt, fish meal and deboned chicken. This dry dog food contains 34% carbohydrates, 38% proteins with 20% fat.
- Sammy snacks: This special line of best dry dog food has been renowned in the industry for quite a while for quality and organic dog food. Some of its ingredients are duck meal, tomato, sea salt, chicken meal, chicken fat, peas, blueberry, egg, basil, sage, flax seed, salmon meal and pork meal. The dry dog food contains 18% Fat, 39% Carbohydrates and 36% Proteins.
- Wellness simple: another important part of good feeding for your dog, this brand is specialized in organic ways of feeding your dog through selected kibbles. All kinds varied food is, made from potatoes, turkey, potatoes, chicory root, and flax seed and tomato pomace. This dry dog food has 49& carbohydrates, 29% Protein and 14% Fat.
- Pure Vita grain-free:A highly hygienic and rejuvenating meal for your dog, this brand contains precise health elements for your dog to be active, healthy and fit. The ingredients are salt, sweet potato, turkey, turkey fat, starch, pea flour, sunflower oil, pea, flax seed, cranberries and tomato pomace. This dry dog food contains 48% carbohydrates, 27% Proteins and 18% fat.
Pedigree complete nutrition: Finally, one of the prominent names in pet food industry, pedigree stands out as the best quality food that loves and lives with your dog, since forever on trust and wellness. Some of the complete nutrition diet for dogs are,
- Complete nutrition: balances and absolute nourishment;
- Active nutrition: provide energy and activity-rush;
- Healthy joints: fit joints with active and consistently healthy mobility;
- Sensitive nutrition: made for dogs with sensitive stomachs for optimum digestion;
- Healthy weight: low-fat product to keep your dog healthy, fit and trimmed;
- Healthy longevity: highly effective proteins to stabilize and provide energy to the immune system, heart and mind;
- Nutrition for dogs: a treat for your dog with exemplary tastes and flavors;
There are plenty of other dog foods in the market that are listed as organic, which may put your mind at ease. We have a great article detailing the benefits of organic dog food and brands you may want to start including in your dog’s diet.
Issues with dry food for dogs
While choosing the right feed for your dog there are millions of specific allergies, skin conditions, stomach sensitivities and moods that one must be aware. The right and dry dog feed determines your dogs’ behavior, response, mood, health and hygiene.
If you’re worried that your dog may have allergies to certain ingredients in dog food, you can alleviate your worries by reading our article on the top food brands for pooches with allergies.
Always consult your physician before finalizing on one diet.
On the other hand, never forget that you should keep changing your diet to keep off your dog from developing other stomach sensitivities to the same diet and food it contains.
- Itchy skin: skin allergy due to food or water with allergen;
- Barfing: contaminated food makes the dog barf it out;
- Yeast Infection: Irritation in your dog that results in skin discoloration or itch;
- Rash: red or white areas of persistent itch that develops into a scar;
- Sores, scabs and bumps: allergies that develop in open sores, bumps or painful scabs;
- Impetigo: blisters that crack open occasionally in pups;
- Ringworm: Patchy scales and inflammation on the head of your dog;
- Seborrhea: dandruff and scaly skin;
- Hair Loss: in patches or wide areas apart from the everyday shedding of hair;
- Mites: All of the symptoms like itching, scaly skin, dandruff, dryness, hair-loss in the area and sores happen due to mites;
- Fleas: coon ailment in domesticated animals, incessant scratching or hot spots can be as significant sign;
- Ticks: literally recognizable ticks are on your dog, pluck them out and kill them!
- Discoloration of skin: hormonal and metabolic problems;
- Flaky skin: same as food allergies;
- Hot spots: inflamed spots of heat and open sores or scabs;
The best of Dry Dog food is better in its own ways of providing health, energy and proteins to your dog’s diet as well as the best option to keep him nourished. As the brands state, the ingredients and process of preparation of the dog food that is packaged is always trustworthy and measurable, unlike the wet or raw food, where you are not aware of what exactly your little guy is consuming.
Dry food is safe, healthy and rejuvenating for your dog. Always consult your veterinarian for the right taste, diet and flavor of dry food for your dog!